Freshen Up for Fall with Lilly Bunn
September 14, 2020
by HG Guest
Hi everyone! It’s Lilly Bunn, interior designer, here! With summer winding down and fall rolling in, I just “needed” to refresh our home. Anyone else?!
I knew I wanted to start with my living room – where my family spends the most time – so I headed to HomeGoods for inspiration. Like any HomeGoods trip, I found so many treasures (and the amazing prices didn’t hurt!) for the whole family. Take a look around my living room and enjoy my tips when freshening your space for fall.
1. Transition subtly with jewel tones. Work with colors that speak to you; you don’t have to incorporate every color in the seasonal palette. For fall, I like to lean into jewel tones via accents like mustard yellow throw pillows for $24.99 a set or blues glassware from HomeGoods for a subtle transition.
2. Play up patterns. Colors aren’t your thing? Throw pillows and blankets are a great way to easily incorporate pattern into your space. I found two sets of black and white chevron pillows to outfit my couch and paired it with a plush black and white checkered throw blanket. The mix of patterns really makes the space pop. P.S. the pillows were only $24.99 (for two!)…at that price, you can even swap pillows seasonally!
3. Give furniture new life. I unexpectedly found an on-trend rattan console while shopping at HomeGoods and decided to transform it into my own personal bar cart. To spice it up even more, I paired it with a blue ombre ceramic stool, bright blue wicker basket and a show-stopping plexiglass art piece to create a beautiful, ocean-inspired moment in my living room.
4. Floor poofs go a long way (especially with kids!). Hear me out: a floor poof is both stylish and unbreakable – perfect for your children to hang out on, especially if you have little ones like me. I found this fringed black and white patterned poof for $69.99 at HomeGoods and paired it next to the coffee table for an extra seating area. My two-year old loves it and brings it all over our house!
5. Go for the intriguing finds. If you come across an item that intrigues you, don’t pass it up – it could be the key to your entire look! I love shopping at HomeGoods because you never know what you might find. This time, I was drawn to the unique design of this circular pearl coffee table and knew I had to have it! I styled the table with a deep purple ceramic bowl, marble coasters and magenta faux flowers.
I’m all for shopping outside my comfort zone and I hope you’ll join me! I can’t wait to see your fall HomeGoods finds!
Lilly Bunn is a renowned NYC-based interior designer and owner of Lilly Bunn Inc. Lilly’s work has been featured in ELLE Décor, Architectural Digest, House Beautiful and more!
Get on the list
Sign up for email to get fresh inspiration & the latest news right to your inbox.**