5 Tips for Creating a Boo-tiful Halloween House with HomeGoods
September 13, 2019
by HG Guest
Hi there! Marcy Blum, celebrity event and wedding planner, here! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays because everyone gets the chance to go all out with decorations and décor. I’ve put together my top tips for turning your house into a spook-tacular sight that the whole neighborhood will be talking about for years to come!
- Get creative when shopping in-store: Halloween essentials go way beyond the seasonal items section! To create a one-of-a-kind look, make sure to explore every aisle, from the dish towels and lighting, to blankets and outdoor décor, you never know what will spark your creativity.
- Spice up your color scheme: While orange and black are Halloween staples, I like to incorporate metallics and rich jewel hues. When I came across these velvet purple and burgundy skull heads at HomeGoods for $14.99, I had to incorporate them into the space!
- From gore to glitz: This year become the “ghostess with the mostest” and have your friends over for a haunted Hallows Eve dinner party. Deck out your space with glittery glass vases, shimmery silver, spiderweb chargers, skull head napkin rings, and skeleton-based wine glasses!
- Invest in a fun, kid friendly “pumpkin patch”: Stock up on a variety of pumpkins, gourds and garden gnomes to create a festive pumpkin patch for the kids. You can find a variety of long-lasting faux pumpkins ranging from $5 – $30 at HomeGoods that are great for decorating during Halloween, Thanksgiving, and fall for years to come!
- Create a showstopping entryway: Transform your front entrance into a haunted haven with light-up trees, mini cauldrons, and galvanized candle stands. For an extra touch, stretch some cobwebs across the wall to accentuate your spooky walkway!
Now it’s your turn to get creative! Go Finding at your local HomeGoods location and show us what’s in your HomeGoods cart. Happy shopping!
Marcy Blum is a world-renowned event planner, entertaining expert and owner of the acclaimed event planning company Marcy Blum Associates based in New York City. She has been a named a top event planner in the world as named by Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, and the New York Times Magazine.
Get on the list
Sign up for email to get fresh inspiration & the latest news right to your inbox.**