Serve up Summer Entertaining for Less
June 17, 2019
by HG Guest
HomeGoods style expert Jenny Reimold here! If you know me, you know I’m all about creating beautiful, seasonal tablescapes that make entertaining a breeze. My signature summer tablescaping style is based on my appreciation for affordable, family-friendly classics that are expertly crafted so they last season to season. Keep reading for my tips on creating stylish, high-end tablescapes that don’t break the bank!
1. Explore your store often: HomeGoods is my go-to when looking for one-of-a-kind finds that will make a memorable centerpiece or to grab a dozen durable, stylish plates to style place settings for a big group. That’s why whenever I’m looking for some inspiration, I make multiple trips to HomeGoods because you never know what you will find each time.
2. Use unconventional pieces as your foundation: Consider using a blanket or Turkish towel draped diagonally across a large table as an alternative to a tablecloth! You can add a runner on top for a pop of color and texture, which you can grab from HomeGoods for under $19.99.
3. Build height and visual interest: Repurpose everyday items like small wooden crates (available at HomeGoods in various sizes starting at $5.99) by turning them upside down. They add height to your table and can be topped with food, florals or even decorative accessories.
4. Swap napkins for dish towels: I love to use dish towels as napkins; they look high-end, add texture, and are a welcomed departure from traditional paper napkins!
5. Layer up your settings: To bring your tablescape to the next level, keep my seven-layer tip in mind! You can snag all these items at HomeGoods for under $50 per setting.
Step 1 – Add one or two textured chargers
Step 2 – Use a classic plate for your foundation
Step 3 – Build your stack with seasonal melamine or ceramic plates for color and style
Step 4 – Place a dish towel between two plates (instead of a traditional napkin)
Step 5 – Incorporate a coordinating salad plate
Step 6 – Top off with a small dish, bowl or bread plate
Step 7 – Personalize the top as a final touch
If you’re looking for summer tablescape inspiration, Go Finding at your local HomeGoods for incredible pieces! Can’t wait for you to give these tips a try!
HomeGoods Style Expert, Jenny Reimold, is a designer and mother of seven whose work has been featured on Property Brothers, HGTV, House Beautiful, Self Magazine, Good Morning America and Parents Magazine. Her functional and practical approach to family-friendly design has led to writing opportunities with HGTV and House Beautiful.
Get on the list
Sign up for email to get fresh inspiration & the latest news right to your inbox.**