What's Susan's story?
I currently live in Connecticut with my husband, two daughters and one crazy puppy. I have a knack for being thrifty, and believe that your home should be the place where you can relax, be yourself and cut loose. I believe that decorating is FUN and that anyone can do it. I love writing about practical DIY tips for decorating, focusing on using what you have and up-cycling. I’m part designer, part junkyard diva.
If my decorating style was a song, it would be:
Sarah Vaughn’s “What a difference a day makes”—you can do a lot in 24 little hours with some positive thinking and love.
Three things that make my home happy:
- My dining room table, because it’s fun to create tablescapes.
- The leather recliner in the corner of the living room where I drink my coffee.
- The old, used credenza in my office.
Also by Susan:
- A Dozen Ways to Play with Happy Yellow
- Do These Stripes Make My Room Look Fat?
- Eye Spy (Reusable) HomeGoods Finds!
Load More >