Of all the things I can grow in my garden now that I’m living in the temperate Bay Area, a Meyer’s Lemon tree is top of my list. I love the look of a tree loaded with lemons. But what does one do with such an abundant harvest? Well, here’s 7 ideas I’ve found for making the most of my lemons.
1. Decorate your table with them: The folks at Smithfield featured this beautiful Mother’s day tablescape using Lemons and Forget-me-nots. Makes for a fresh and sunny look, doesn’t it? Did you know that Lemons will keep at room temperature for a week or two?
2. Make Lemon Curd: You’ll find a tasty recipe at Epicurious. Use it for baking (great as a cake filling) or for a topping on everything from scones to yogurt.
3. Drink them: There are a wide variety of lemon-infused drinks that you can make — so refreshing on a warm day! This Lemon Iced Tea from Sweet Sensation’s blog looks delicious. Or try some Lemon Thyme Soda. Recipe found at The Culture Club.
4. Preserve Them: SF Girl By Bay shares this simple tutorial on her blog for preserving lemons. What do you do with preserved lemons? Well, there are three great recipes over at Eating from the Ground Up, and of course you can always use it as a condiment for fish or moroccan dishes.
5. Put them in a Vase: I love this beautiful Lemon/Hydrangea arrangement I found at The Couture Cakery site (check out their awesome lemon wedding cake too).
6. Cook with them: Martha’s Garlic-Lemon Pork can go from fridge to table in 25 minutes. Sounds simple and scrumptious!
7. Make your own Vinaigrette: The Cafe Sucre Farine features this sensational recipe for a Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette. Of course it goes great with salads but also consider serving it with grilled asparagus.
Now, what other ideas do you have for using lemons? Please share, I’m expecting an abundant lemon harvest!
First Image: WhiteonRice Couple
You might also like:
- Plan the Perfect Bachelorette with Help from HomeGoods
- 5 Styling Tips for the Perfect Evening Soirée
- 5 Ways to Make Your Wedding Yours (with Help from HomeGoods!)